Any news since my last blog post? I’m going with no. KP is not on a good winning streak in poker lately and that is not good for me either! (this is my money, too!)
So who is a Twitaholic (or should it be Twitterholic??) It’s nearly impossible not to be, right? And how about those hashtags (#)? A great way to spread your two cents and join in a social conversation! I enjoy reading what the Twitterverse has to say in those unlimiting conversations, I decided to blog about what I have in response to the #topics.Oh, in 140 characters or less, I suppose.
#iremember: I am an 80’s baby! I remember watching “The Smurfs.”
I also remember “Alf”, “The Raisins”, and “Who’s The Boss?”
I remember playing the original Nintendo.
I remember owning a Gameboy.
I remember pogs, cabbage patches, and slap bracelets.
#quote ( I am going to add the ones that I like that I have seen other Twitterers share):
@thewebchild: “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
@DrDebBrown: “Some of the greater things in life are unseen. That’s why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream.”
@KimSherell: “The best way to predict the future is to invent it” ~ @mzaher
#music: My 2 fave songs right now: “Lovegame”- Lady Gaga & “I Gotta Feeling”- Black Eyed Peas
#bsb: OMG, I was a HUGE BSB fan say 12 years ago! I loveD you Nick Carter!
#3breakupwords: “You smelled bad”
“You are lame”
“It was fake”
#haiku (a few that I like): @ke_nny-need a workout? / move a treadmill up the stairs / that will do the trick
@losangelista-i know i’m getting / old when i think the heel on / a shoe is too high.
@iLoveMusso-i’m hyper cuz i / had like 3 mt. dews today. / look a unicorn!
@RayOnativia-i’m pissed! now i have / to go home with this big ol’ / brown stain on my shirt.
I totally would have thought my Saturday would have been way more interesting that it truly was today. And now I sit facing my computer screen, no ideas about what to write about, television on to my left, kid laying down to sleep on my right. Hubbs out to play poker with some friends…. the only thing I really need is to be a stay at home mom!
So I’m thinking, who comes up with these unique ideas for game shows anyway? Currently I am watching a game show in which contestants are stuck in a booth and are given a theme, and the people need to name the most words or phrases that relate to that particular theme. Wow. I should really consider going on a game show.. maybe “The Price Is Right” or something alike… I have actually had a few family member appear on game shows! (They were “The Love Connection” [seriously!], “Win, Lose, or Draw”, & “The Weakest Link”, he he) Yeah, I’m thinking I could totally use $10,000 or a trip to Puerto Rico, sounds pretty good to me!
Anyway, besides making lists or some nifty linkage, I decided that my theme for this wonderful Saturday night would be a survey.
In 5 words or less, My Ideal…..
Appetizers: Spinach and Artichoke Dip (YUM!)
Beach: Dana Point
Date: seafood dinner by the ocean
Outfit: Dark jeans, flowy yellow top
game show: trivia fanatic!
“Deal Or No Deal” suitcase pick: 21
Dream House: one story only, rose garden
Adult Beverage: Pina Colada
Movie genre: romantic comedy
Reality tv show to compete on: Project Runway
Pizza: Pizza Hut, pepperoni and pepper!
Medical type occupation to have: Optometrist
Rant of the day: No, we do not put Neosporin on a baby’s bottom.
NO Neosporin on the baby butt.
Gah! Some people JUST insist on being ignorant, don’t they!
That’s all that I feel like going into with my own personal life, I am tired. It’s 11 p.m. and I work tomorrow.
But I decided to add yet another themed blog posting to my blog: I call it “Funny Friday.” So at least you can leave my blog a bit tickled with laughter, right?
I was thinking of looking for a few ridiculous pick-up lines to throw at my friend to cheer her up last night because she was down. Oh my gosh, the possibilities for absurd pick up lines are endless! Who would agree to a date for some of these? These are my favorites: (WARNING:Some are Rated “R” for ridiculous & rude, so don’t be offended!)
- “The word of the day is ‘Legs.” Let’s go back to my place and spread the word.”
- “Are you a hooker? Because I’m hooked on you.”
- “Do you have any raisins? No? How about a date?”
- “Do you know karate? Because your body is kickin’!”
- “If you were a wedgie, I’d pick you!”
- “Is your dad a baker? Because you’ve got some nice buns.”
- “My love for you is like diarrhea. I just can’t hold it in.” (Oh yeah, I TOTALLY want to be hit on with this line!!)
- “You don’t need car keys to drive me crazy.”
- “Sorry, but you owe me a drink. I looked at you and dropped mine.”
- “Hey there! You look a lot like my next girlfriend!”
Good morning. Wow, when you pretty much have the entire week off from work in the office and you have to return to work on Friday, it seems like the week goes by way to fast! Unlike most people, I don’t really look forward to Friday because I work on Saturdays too. Yuck!
So it’s ETT time already? These are my Essential Things for this Thursday:
- Shoe boxes. Do you like to store keepsakes from family trips, notes from friends, souvenirs? Keep them in shoe boxes. Organization is key to having a tidy home & being able to go back to enjoy your keepsakes in the future.
- Snacks. Preferably healthy ones too. To stop overeating and spending too much, make a menu list week by week, and include snacks too. Here are some healthy ideas:
- Edamame. Very yummy, cheap and healthy snack. What is edamame? Find out here: http://www.edamame.com/
- Strawberries with Cool Whip
- Skinny Cow Fat Free Fudge Bar
- Yogurt and raspberries
- 1/2 bagel with 1/4 ounce smoked salmon
3. De-stressing methods. Who doesn’t have to deal with stress? Whether you get it from family, work, or a combination of both, Having techniques will always come in handy. Try some of these:
- Get a pedicure! Let someone else do it for you. Go to your local nail salon and let someone give you a great massage, too!
- According to an ancient tradition of medicine in India, giving yourself a facial massage promotes better health. Use your middle fingers to rub these areas clockwise for about 30 seconds each: temples, center of cheekbones, the corners of oyur mouth, outer edges od nostrils, and the space in between your eyebrows.
- Stretch. Exercise can always help you stress less. Jogging and walking is great, but if you don’t want to do that, take about 20 minutes out of the day to stretch your muscles.
4. Save money, buy yourself a new outfit that you really like at least once a month. Personally for me, I love to shop!
5. “Don’t open a shop unless you like to smile.” Chinese Proverb
BAH! I am not doing so hot with my blog posting, am I? It is now gonna be “28 in 30”, I am just too busy! But I really do my best to get to a place and time where I can blog, because writing always makes me feel a lot better.
Yesterday I was up from 5:30 a.m. at the office at 7:15, and home by 7:30. Very long day for me. I work for a pest control company, usually only in the office, but yesterday I happen to ride along with one of our inspectors to see what a day is like for them.
Inspectors have a lot of work to do, and way more than I really anticipated prior to witnessing inspector work myself. I can say this much to sum it all up: This is not something I would ever want to do, but I applaud them for having the will to do what they do. I couldn’t do it just because I know I would rarely see my kids and I just can’t deal with rats in the attic. So my hats off to you, termite inspectors!
So like I said, home by 7:30. I ate dinner and crashed on the bed thereafter. No one could wake me up.
Well it’s Wednesday, and that can only mean one thing: time to delve into some wacky news. We’re only human, right?
- In Moscow, Russia, cutouts of actor Brad Pitt dressed in police outfits are used to slow down the speedy drivers on the road.
- In Andersonville, Tennessee, a 42 year old man is arrested on burglary charges. He was caught wearing only a woman’s thong.
- In Minnesota, former psychologist Judith Henderson surrenders her license after being accused of billing patients for taking them shopping and calling these acts “therapy.” Henderson neither confirmed or denied allegations.
- Here’s a new approach to job seeking: In Florida, employers are offering “Pink Slip Parties.” Just exactly what can be done here? Employers and job seekers meet at bars & restaurants to have drinks and appetizers, and of course, discuss employment.
- Remember Thomas Beatie? The male/female who gave birth to his/her first child last year as a male? Beatie delievered 2nd child, a baby boy, on June 9th. He had his daughter last July.
- In Brighton, Michigan, McDonalds threw a surprise birthday party for their customer of 15 years, Georgia Boynton. Boynton turned 100 this year and was given cake and balloons.
It’s another Monday, but I am tending to a little sick one and making the most out of my extra time off. I have actually been quite productive…yesterday a few friends and I got together to eat some good Mexican food in Cypress, that was fun! A well spent time for lots of laughs, tamales, and a strawberry margarita! (They didn’t have pina colada, which is what I originally asked for, BOO!) These were friends from back in middle school, so it was reminiscing on the more awkward years. Ha ha.
So I am a brand spanking new blogger, and I feel like I never have anything spectacular to blog about, so I find myself using Google a whole lot and like to have some sort of theme based article that I write on. So for today, it’s all things seven!
- Have you ever taken time to read a little about the seven wonders of the world? Get some good reading material here: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001327.html
- On top of that, there are also the NEW seven wonders of the world: http://www.new7wonders.com/classic/en/n7w/results/
- Twitterers: Who are you, really? Here are some “characters’ you can find that use Twitter: http://mashable.com/2009/04/20/twitter-strategy/
- Are you a computer addict? Can’t seem to find a great job because of it? Try some of these ideas: http://www.usnews.com/articles/business/careers/2008/08/06/the-7-best-jobs-for-facebook-addicts.html
- The Enneagram of Personality explains nine different types of personality types. Type 7 is “The Enthusiast.” What type are you? Find out here: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/dotest.php
- The top car picks for the year 2009 in every type of category: http://www.zimbio.com/All+World+Automotive/articles/5301/Car+News+7+Best+Top+Car+Picks+2009
- And finally, a local news article on the 7 best beauty buys: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/19602451/detail.html
Sunday, a day off. How am I feeling?
Well, annoyed because right after I blogged last night, KP’s dad said he needed to have a talk with the family during dinner. He told us that KP’s mom can’t bear to leave her son and just move off to FL, so we’re expected to drop everything and move with them in 6 weeks.
I am doing everything in my power to convince K that we can do it on our own here. I would rather be penny pinching and happy without his psychotic parents around than have tons of money and a big house and have to do with his selfish mom and idiot of a dad. Seriously! Arrrrgh! Thank goodness for blogging. It gives me a tiny bit of an area to allow myself to share how I honestly feel, because I have tried to explain myself to his parents before, and they get upset with what my opinion is and won’t have any of it. I have seriously never met anyone else so naive and selfish as his parents, and it hurts because I love him as much as I can’t stand them. Maybe my *lucky* day will come…
Anyway, a blog topic!
- How many people in the states have your name? http://howmanyofme.com/search/
- A little joking and fun. How much are you worth? http://www.humanforsale.com/
- The ultimate How-To online: http://www.ehow.com/
- Another How-To for you: http://www.howdididoit.com/
- Death is one of the most fascinating things: 1,000 ways to die at http://www.spike.com/video/1000-ways-to-die/3101817
- What if the movie ended in a different way? Here is How it should have ended: http://www.howitshouldhaveended.com/
- Do your friends think you’re funny? Here’s how to tell: http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/1060543/how-funny-are-you
- How to eat healthy & save money: http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2007/07/30/16-ways-to-eat-healthy-while-keeping-it-cheap/
- Another interesting blog post: How to find weird stuff on the internet. We already know you can find anything, right? http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/the_weirdest_stuff_on_the_internet.php
- Some good ideas: How to piss people off http://coedmagazine.com/2007/11/14/15-ways-to-really-piss-people-off/
And that’s it! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Damn it. I totally broke my 30 in 30 goal of blogging. Ahhh. well we can shoot for 29 in 30, right?
I was so happy about the good news that I’ve been giving this past week I just couldn’t find a good time to blog yesterday. Yep, that is my excuse.
My love’s parents are moving to Florida at the end of July. WHOOOOPIEEE! And we’re staying for awhile. Well, he thinks so. He wants to move back with his family by the end of this year, but I am thinking that it won’t be for a longer while, if at all. My man grew up here in Southern California, and I doubt he really wants to leave. Maybe in a few years. I’m o.k. with that, because I know by that time, we will 100% be able to have a very nice home to live in and we don’t have to share a place with his parents. Yes, we can make this happen!
Anyway, on to the topic of the day… you know how there is always holidays probably every day of the year? I’m not talking about Christmas or Easter. I’m thinking of those silly (but fun!) days like “Fly a kite day” or “love your pet day”. You know exactly what I’m talking about. Let’s explore those kooky holidays in June…
Here are the month long observances:
- National Safety Month. More info here http://www.nsc.org/NSM/. Find out some great safety tips, learn more about overexertion, and find more helpful links on safety.
- National adopt a cat month.http://www.americanhumane.org/protecting-animals/special-events/adopt-a-cat-month/. Plenty of animals out there need a good home.Get some great info on where to adopt a cat and what to do to take the best care of it.
- Great outdoors month. http://www.greatoutdoorsmonth.org/. It’s a good time to go outside! Get some recipes, ideas on where to camp, and more!
And for the special days in June:
- June 6th: National Yo-yo day. I suppose it’s not as hard as it looks. Learn yo-yo tricks at http://www.yomega.com/tricks/
- June 10th:Iced Tea day. Drink to the goodness!
- June 15th: Power of a smile day. Give a smile, get one back. Have a good day.
- June 17th:Eat your vegetables day. So we’re not fans of all things green (brussel sprouts, anyone?) But we can take at least one day a year to eat what’s really good for us. Here is information on the nutritional facts on vegetables at http://nutrition.about.com/od/nutritionalinfoveggies/Nutrition_Information_for_Vegetables.htm
- June 19th:Juneteenth. Here’s a bit of a history lesson for you http://www.infoplease.com/spot/juneteenth1.html
- June 23rd: National pink day. “Stop bullying! Think Pink!” http://www.opseu.org/bps/social/national-pink-shirt-day-2009.htm
- June 29th: Camera day. Take some brilliant pictures.
Oh boy. I was at the mall this afternoon with the son picking up some outfits for him because he is a hefty 20 pound 5 month old in need of some bigger clothes. Found him some cute outfits (his father is tickled because they aren’t onesies, for some reason he is not very fond of them, now it seems like N is wearing big boy clothes already, considering I have to buy size 12 months!)
The unforgettable moment of the trip: walking past the food court.
First it was Sbarro the pizza place, then Burger King, followed by some Cajun food…uh oh. All of a sudden I get this horrible feeling I’m gonna vomit. Gross! I started walking slowly, pushing the stroller like it was a horrid task, thinking I wouldn’t make it to the other side.
Then the Chinese food smell wafts.
Ew! Alas, I did not throw up. Thank goodness. But I did manage to walk away, I overcame! So why did I have so much trouble crossing the food court?
A-I’m pregnant (No!!!!!!!!!!)
B-The medicine my doc prescribed me is unleashing its awful side effect, nausea.
I’m thinking option “B.” I’ve been super careful with the birthcontrol I am using because, no, I do not want another child! It’s not the pill. I (obviously) didn’t fare well on the pill.
Whew! That was such a weird experience!
On to what’s really important…
ESSENTIAL THINGS THURSDAY!
The things mentioned in my ETT feature are items that everyone could use at one time or another in life to provide happiness and encouragement.
1. Paper clips. Why, you ask? Well, at the beginning of a former job I had we were asked to write down 15 things you could do with a paper clip. Ummm..
- hold paper..
- Pick your nose?!
Well, of course you could hold paper (and pick your nose too, if you really want to!) , but the idea was to show that with a creative mind you could do anything you want.
2. A coffee mug. With coffee in it. Mine is from Starbucks, of course.
3. An iPod. So it could be somewhat of a cost; but believe me, it’s worth it! I tote mine with me everywhere!
4. Goals. How about making 101 goals to finish in 1,001 days? I have posted my 101 goals. For some ideas to get started, visit this site http://www.dayzeroproject.com/
It is time for me to introduce the 2nd and final part of my 101/1001.
But before I do so, I have a couple things to say (of course!)
Omg. So we had a few little thunder stikes here in So. Cal. WOW. I think Californians are not ready for this, are they? I was out for a good period of time this afternoon, and I had witnessed several traffic lights out and some people bothered by the crazy weather.
I lived in Oklahoma for three years. It’s funny; Oklahomans are unmoved by the thunder they receive on their turf, perhaps because they get storms so often: let’s be safe and say from May to October, storms 4 times a week. Easily. Throw in some tornadoes, high winds, and golf ball sized hail.
Oh yes, and we can’t forget the occasional ice storm during the winter time.
So what I am tryign to say is: California, yo9u have such awesome weather! Thank you!
And now, on with the 101 business!
051. MAKE A PIE.
052. BUY A LOTTO TICKET. Omg, why have I not done this one yet?
053. DO RANDOM WIKI SEARCHES FOR 30 MINUTE INTERVALS. This one is actually really fun and interesting. Learning can be delightful!
054. READ “THE SECRET.”
055. READ “EMMA.” The movie “Clueless” is loosely based on the the writings of this book. That is the reason why. Oh yeah, and it’s a classic.
056. COLLECT ALL OF THE STATE QUARTERS. It that too elderly of me?
057. READ “LOLITA.”
058. SEE A MOVIE IN IMAX.
059. LEARN FIVE NEW WORDS A MONTH (VIA THE DICTIONARY)
060. KEEP A FOOD DIARY FOR TWO WEEKS. Let’s see how well I fair in my eating habits.
061. CREATE A COUPON ORGANIZER. I do love to use those coupons.
062. LEARN TO DO THE “SMOKY EYE”
063. BUY RED LIPSTICK.
064. GO ON AN ICE SKATING DATE.
065. TAKE PHOTOBOOTH PICTURES WITH MY BOO.
066. GET THE WII FIT.
067. GET MAKE UP DONE AT A DEPARTMENT STORE.
068. BUY A SUDOKU PUZZLE BOOK. Those puzzles are so enveloping!
069. READ ON A TOPIC FROM http://www.about.com/ ONCE A WEEK.
070. PURCHASE A PAIR OF REAL DIAMOND EARRINGS. Because diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
071. GIVE KP’S CAR A DEEP CLEAN ONCE A YEAR. I guess he deserves a little somethign from me!
072. SING KAROKE. To be accompanied by plenty of shots & pina coladas.
073. LIST ALL PEOPLE IN MY LIFE OF GREAT SIGNIFICANCE AND WHY.
074. PAINT TOE NAILS EVERY COLOR OF THE RAINBOW (NOT ALL AT ONCE ;] )
075. LEARN TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLLS. mmm…yummy!
076. TAKE AN I.Q. TEST.
077. PURCHASE FISHING SUPPLIES. Fishing brings back childhood memories. I would love to go fishing again with my children.
078. REGISTER A DOLLAR ON http://www.wheresgeorge.com/
079. PLAY SOME B-I-N-G-O WITH @MOONSTRUCKMOMMY AT http://twitter.com/moonstruckmommy
080. GO WINE TASTING.
081. TRY SPRAY TANNING.
082. CREATE A QUOTATIONS BOOK, ADD 5 A WEEK FOR INSPIRATION. I live off of inspiring quotations sometimes.
083. GO TO A HOOKAH BAR.
084. MAKE SUSHI.
085. CALCULATE MY CARBON FOOTPRINT.
086. BE IN TWO STATES AT ONCE.
087. LEARN TO MAKE PASTA.
088. MAKE A NOTEBOOK OF SURVEYS. They’re pretty addicting and fun to do, and to look back a few years later on how life was at the time.
089. GET A HAND HELD VACUUM. I could finally get in and clean every little spot imaginable!
090. NO CUTTING HAIR FOR ONE FULL YEAR. I want to grow my hair out again! This discounts cutting bangs, of course.
091. LEARN 10 FILIPINO WORDS A WEEK. Just to claim a little bit of my culture.
092. TRY CALAMARI. I just gotta do it. Eeeeeeekk.
093. ENTER 1 SWEEPSTAKES A WEEK (USU. CAN FIND ON MOMMY BLOGS). Hey, what can it hurt?
094. GO TO A FARMER’S MARKET.
095. DONATE RICE ONCE A WEEK AT http://www.freerice.com/
096. GO TUBING & JET SKIING.
097. BUILD A BEAR.
098. PURCHASE 1 DISNEY MOVIE A MONTH FOR A COMPLETE COLLECTION.
099. WRITE A “LIFE STORY” BLOG POST.
100. MAKE PLAY DOUGH FROM SCRATCH.
101. LEARN TO MAKE PIZZA FROM SCRATCH.
Whoopie! Well, go me! I didn’t create super difficult goals at all, purely because I am not trying to break my back attempting to accomplish all of my goals. The number one thing for me is to enjoy life!
Good night, and it’s back to “Slumdog Millionaire” for me…